Saturday, September 20, 2014

Recap- who are we? what we need? how can you help?

Recap- who are we? what we need? how can you help? 


Who are we ? - the family who is being blessed by this Habitat for Humanity house. My name is Julie. I am a single mom of four children. I have three adult children, and my 6 year old. Jean-Marie is my daughter, she has a 5 month old daughter, and will be getting married October 4th. James, my oldest son, lives in Sanborn. Jeremy, middle son, is a full time bakery arts student, studying at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute. Jesse, my 6 year old, is an 1st grader at Spruce Elementary, in North Tonawanda. The younger two will have bedrooms at the new house,but others know that the door is always open for them to visit or stay! :-) 

Side note- Jesse and I ( Julie) both have Mitochondrial Disease- for more information www.umdf.org . I am not adding this for sympathy but because a friend asked me about it and this is Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week. 


Julie


Jeremy & Jesse


Jesse & Julie ( on a work day)


James & Jesse 


Ellie & Jean-Marie
What we need ?  
This is copied from the last blog entry with updates :

 HE HAS PROVIDED!!
 GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! 

So, now unto this request.... or should I say many requests, but they are all tied together.  I believe that God has great plans for my family- the entire family. Please join us as we present these needs/desires before him. 

* We need money for the closing costs... about $1500-$2000  ( my lawyer will be taking the case at no cost to me) 

* We need money for the appliances.. at one time ( two different people from Habitat) told me that the cost of these would be wrapped into the mortgage, but that is not the case..... about $1500- $1800 ( this would cover the washer/dryer., dishwasher, and microwave hood) 
* We need help with the remaining building of the house ( drywall will probably start this coming Saturday)   Drywall is about 3/4 the way installed, the taping and mudding will be next 
* We need someone to provide lunches for the Saturday workdays. ( this can be as simple as pizza, or hot dogs in the crock pot) Thanks Adina & Annemarie & Joanna & the Murphy & the Langworthy family ( forgive me if I missed anyone) 
* We would like someone to provide bottled water and possible coffee in the mornings ( Tim Hortons in just a block from the house) - We are down to just a case of water- seem to go through lots of water
* We need help with the move- Probably mid to late October ( from Lasalle to NT, from storage in NT to the new house) 
* We need help getting the donated furniture & items from 4 different areas, around the time of the move 
* We need help with the open house/house dedication with the unbirthday celebration 
We need to finish the "thirty-one" fundraiser!  Only 21 squares to sell and then someone is going to win $200 worth of wonderful thirty-one products.  
We have a WINNER!!! Debbie Haseley is the lucky winner of $200 worth of thirty-one products!
Please contact Amy- to place your order  




How can YOU help ?

If there is any of the above list of needs that you feel that you can help with, please let me know. 

You can also pray- this is a request from an earlier post. 

 Please join me in prayer, pray that the house is finished soon, in the perfect time, pray that we get the workers, pray that the city connects the sewer line, pray that we have lunches for the workers, that child care is taken care of so that more workers can be on site, pray for the neighborhood as we make the transition from the rental to the house, pray for all the funds that are needed both for supplies and the closing, and finally I am asking that those that pray, please pray for my family ( for health for Jesse and Julie; for the wedding of Jean-Marie, Tom, & Ellie; for James as he is awaiting mission assignment; and for Jeremy as he is in his 2nd year of culinary school) . Thank YOU!! 

Just for some other information. We will be decorating on a shoestring budget, but I will like to make this special for all the members of my family. We have decided to do the kitchen/dining room in Red, Black, & white- themed as the "Never trust a skinny chef". The living room is warm colors. The main bathroom in Beach theme, and the bathroom off my bedroom in crosses. My room is in crosses and inspirational quotes. Jeremy's room, which will also have a crib in it for Ellie, in hues of Blue. Jesse's room will be done in Lego's and primary colors. I am willing purchase items that you would have in your yard sales or that you would be willing to  donate.


We have been waiting a long time for this house, a place to call home, that we can decorate and make our own. You can learn more about us in the past blog posts, but feel free to ask me about anything.




~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org

No comments:

Post a Comment