Tuesday, September 16, 2014

45 days..... and counting!!

Today was not a "planned" work day but it turned into a long work day. Three friends messaged me and were available today, but they would not be available on a Saturday work day. So we made it work. The drywall for the ceilings of the boys two rooms are completed. I had never given much thought into how ceilings and walls are made from. Special thanks to Pat for providing lunch and coffee today. There was two gentlemen from the Niagara Area Habitat that stopped by to lend a hand, and also one brought a step for the side of the house, makes getting into the house much safer. 

I was told this afternoon that another crew will be there on Thursday during the day and also the normal Saturday work day. Who is available to help ? Who would be willing to stop at Tim Horton's for some coffee ? Is there anyone willing to bring lunch down for 10-12 people? 

Everyday as we are there we are covering up more and more scriptures, for those that have never walked inside, you have missed it, but I think there is scripture on every board. We have been blessed. I personally am honored that so many have chose to "write on the walls" of this house. We will surrounded by God's word. If anyone is in the area, and would still like to write His word in the house, you will need to come soon. This is one verse that made me stop, read, think, pray and pray some more. 


Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

As much as that verse made me stop and read. This is a verse that made me stop, put the book that I was reading down, look up the verse, and then I wrote it on the wall. ( sorry no photo yet) 

Galatians 5:1New International Version (NIV)

Freedom in Christ

 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

God is so good to us. I am thankful that He continues to teach me daily. I am blessed by the others that He has put in my life to help me along this journey.  Thank You God!! 

Jesse helping

~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org

No comments:

Post a Comment