Friday, September 19, 2014

Countdown continues - Can YOU help ?

THIS WEEKS NEED-
Lunch 
( pizza, sandwiches, fruit, chili, or soup)
Help with hanging drywall
Child care
Prayers

42 Days

We are currently in a rental. I had planned to only be here a few months. So much for my plans, well the months are getting close to a year. I have shared with many of you that this is not the greatest rental, but God continues to bless us, and others, since we have lived here. Earlier this year I had packed all the long sleeved items and winter warm, thinking that we would not be needing them. I had turned the thermostat down to 64, thinking that it wouldn't get that cold in the house, well this morning I heard that unmistakable noise of the furnace blowing in the vents. Every time I start doubting that the new house will be done by a date that I have put on the calendar, I am reminded that it isn't "my" timetable. So as we prepared for today, we started going through the packed boxes looking for heavier clothing. It was 45 when we left to take Jesse to school today. Please join me in prayer, pray that the house is finished soon, in the perfect time, pray that we get the workers, pray that the city connects the sewer line, pray that we have lunches for the workers, that child care is taken care of so that more workers can be on site, pray for the neighborhood as we make the transition from the rental to the house, pray for all the funds that are needed both for supplies and the closing, and finally I am asking that those that pray, please pray for my family ( for health for Jesse and Julie; for the wedding of Jean-Marie, Tom, & Ellie; for James as he is awaiting mission assignment; and for Jeremy as he is in his 2nd year of culinary school) . Thank YOU!! 
Bedroom walls

Master bedroom walls

~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org

No comments:

Post a Comment