Saturday, August 16, 2014

Can YOU help my family ??????


Over the past several years, as I have talked to my friends about the Habitat for Humanity house & I have had lots of people agree to help. 
I recently said I am not beyond begging. So now I NEED YOU

So HOW can you help my family??? 

* Pray for the workers and the families of the workers
* Let me know a day and time that you are available 
*Be willing to work- and you don't have to have ANY SKILLS
*Provide lunch and drinks on work days ( 10-12 people)
*Provide plastic ware, paper towels, paper plates
*Help with yard work yard, branches, high weeds, grass, & trim work
* Participate in one of the fundraisers
* Ask your church groups, men's or women's groups if someone wants to help 
*Help with design & decoration of a Lego themed bedroom
* Help with childcare ( so others can volunteer)
* Be willing to be on site but keep an eye on Jesse, the only child allowed onsite, because it will be his house
* Help with move from rental & storage
* Pick up donated items in Lasalle, Kenmore & NT to take to the house 



So what happened today ? We had a handful of volunteers show up and I am so thankful for them. I learned how to staple ceiling insulation, and it is something I can do, but not something I can keep my balance doing. I am thankful for those who stepped up and helped with that job. I learned the difference between R13 and R 38 and where each goes. I learned how to cut around outlets and boards. I learned to use the spare pieces all around, so we waste none. I learned that Jesse is fascinated with frog of all sizes and he can work just as hard as some adults. There is still so much left to do just to finish the insulation. 

For those that don't know there is a deadline here.

 Jesse was driven to school all of last year by me from Lasalle to NT, even in that nasty weather, and I would do it again this year- but the school district is stirring the pot. 
He has also never had a birthday party with friends, which I promised him he could have as soon as we were in the new house but with the delays of the last year and half & the patience of a six year old, I am sure all you parents can relate.
 We are currently living in a one bedroom house in Lasalle and the current landlord wants me out ASAP. 
Finally, we need to be settled, we have moved twice in the last year and we need to be in "our home". 

Can YOU help us ?? Please! 



Frog caught

Baby Frog

Stapling ceiling insulation

Break from ceiling work


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment