Saturday, September 13, 2014

Drywall started- 48 days left


I knew that today we would start the drywall. Do you know how many people it takes to hang drywall ? I didn't know either, but in the beginning we didn't have enough. When I got there, there was not many workers, I got my phone out and started texting, and put messages up on facebook, and we had answered prayers. At one point in the day, we had a few leave because at the time we had too many. I am truly blessed by all the people who showed up today and were able to help.  The ceiling in the living room, the master bedroom, and the master bathroom are done.There is also two wall pieces up in the master bedroom. The drywall lift came in very handy in helping get the pieces in just the right spots. 


First piece 

Lots of helping hands

Living room ceiling

Bedroom ceiling

Chalk line

Master bathroom

Side wall
Thanks for the lunch Joanna!! The chili & gf cornbread/rolls were a perfect combo on a chilly day, the leftovers made for an easy dinner for Jesse and I. Thanks for the sandwiches and fruit also.  Jesse was excited that someone brought him some of his favorite juice. 

I will be updating this sometime this week, please if you can help in anyway for next Saturday, September 20th, 9-1pm, let me know. We will need someone to bring coffee, juice, and some donuts. We need someone to help out with the lunch also. It came be as simple as pizza, hot dogs, sandwiches, or even chili. Also easy things like fruit or granola bars for the workers. Can anyone help fill this need ? 


~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment