Thursday, September 25, 2014

36 Days.... Can you help ?


Believing in the power of prayers & the labor of volunteers.... 36 days


The drywall is getting closer to being done. One room at a time. This morning I spent an hour picking up and sweeping the bedrooms, while at least 8 guys worked on drywall. I had appointments so I couldn't stay. It does appear that the bedrooms, living room and hallway are completed, with the exception of Jesse's closet. The kitchen ceiling is about half finished and the ceiling above the stairway to the basement is done. I know that both the bathrooms still need to be done, but the "green board" is needed for that, not much on the site. I am believing that if the materials are on site on Saturday, then it will be done. Jesse closet will be done by him and Ms. Claudia ( this is something that she does with the little ones so they feel like they have helped with the building of "their" house). 

We need help on Saturday hanging drywall & cleaning up in preparation of the taping and mudding of the walls. 

Lunch is also a need for this Saturday. It can be as simple as ordering pizza or subs, or fruit and veggies cut up, or chili. Anything that you would eat for lunch, they will eat. We aim to feed 12-15 people, but this is an average. Also drinks, or water. We do have paper products and some plasticware.

I am not in panic, but to help others understand, I have 36 days to be out of the rental that we are in. My recent visit to the doctors, reminded me that this house is making me sick, making my mito symptoms worse, and also causing issues with Jesse. The sooner we are out of here, the better. 



Living room

Kitchen

Stairway to basement


~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org

No comments:

Post a Comment