Wednesday, September 10, 2014

51 Days... BUT who's counting ?

What does 51 days mean to YOUR FAMILY ??

This is what 51 days means to OUR FAMILY! 

driving Jesse to school and home
weekly saturday work days
getting others to help with lunches for saturday work days
packing lunches 
getting boxes
sorting
meal planning
only shopping for what we need 
school fundraisers
getting "new to us" stove
church
planning and decorating Jesse's room
mailing a few boxes
changing address with post office
packing
school everyday
meetings
dealing with mood swings from anxiety
coupon workshops
paying rent for the last time
medical appointments
daughters wedding
dealing with pets afraid that we are leaving them
raising funds
closing date-new house
deciding what he can dress up as for halloween
MOPS
planing house dedication/unbirthday party
moving
cleaning one house
getting donated stuff from friends
tossing unwanted stuff
returning key to landlord
unpacking
party at school
getting stuff from storage unit
getting candy/stuff for neighbor kids
halloween
find time to relax in the new house

May seem like an overwhelming list... but that is just part of it all. For today, I am calm. I am relaxed. I know that all of this will happen without much thought, and that worrying will not help any of it. I truly believe that God knows how it will all work out. God continues to remind me that HE is in control. Psalm 46:10 still stops me in my steps.
 "BE STILL, and know that I am God." 
I will just keep resting in his word. 



Very special thanks for the crew that came the first weekend of September. Insulation was finished, basement was cleaned, all limbs and branches move from the back and side yard to the curb, and to the family who provided lunch for the workers. 

I received word today that the insulation has passed inspection and the drywall will be starting this weekend. I have been told that they only need about 5-6 people helping this week, but lunch is still needed. I have lunch covered, thanks Joanna. I also need to have someone that is willing to watch Jesse for the few hours. Please let me know if you can, would like to help with drywall. This is hard & heavy work. (sorry no kids this week) 

This is copied from the last blog entry with updates :

 HE HAS PROVIDED!!
 GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! 

So, now unto this request.... or should I say many requests, but they are all tied together.  I believe that God has great plans for my family- the entire family. Please join us as we present these needs/desires before him. 

* We need money for the closing costs... about $1500-$2000  ( my lawyer will be taking the case at no cost to me) 
* We need money for the appliances.. at one time ( two different people from Habitat) told me that the cost of these would be wrapped into the mortgage, but that is not the case..... about $1500- $1800 ( this would cover the washer/dryer., dishwasher, and microwave hood) 
* We need help with the remaining building of the house ( drywall will probably start this coming Saturday) 
* We need someone to provide lunches for the Saturday workdays. ( this can be as simple as pizza, or hot dogs in the crock pot) Thanks Annemarie & Murphy family
* We would like someone to provide bottled water and possible coffee in the mornings ( Tim Hortons in just a block from the house) 
* We need help with the move- Probably mid to late October ( from Lasalle to NT, from storage in NT to the new house) 
* We need help getting the donated furniture & items from 4 different areas, around the time of the move 
* We need help with the open house/house dedication with the unbirthday celebration 
* We need to finish the "thirty-one" fundraiser!  Only 21 squares to sell and then someone is going to win $200 worth of wonderful thirty-one products.  
We have a WINNER!!! Debbie Haseley is the lucky winner of $200 worth of thirty-one products!
Please contact Amy- to place your order  



~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~


Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 






No comments:

Post a Comment