Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Progress & Presents!!


Boys will be boys!! 
I was blessed with three today. Wow, I am not used to that. I loved the laughter and the happy noise, but I am blessed that two have gone home, and my little one is happily playing alone and quiet!! When we stopped by the house, there was lots of work going on, so I asked the boys to stay outside and in the back, so at least I knew they were safe and I could see them, this pile of dirt was a magnet for ALL three of them. :-) 




Zack, John , & Jesse


This might look like just lots of wires, and clutter, but to ME this is progress. The electrician was there today, and so much was happening. I asked lots of questions, and even found out the lay out of the kitchen! :-)

I was asked about the writing on the walls, I was ready to defend the words, but I was surprised when the gentleman said, " I am reading and praying as we work". People I don't know are praying for my house. That means so much to me. I was reminded last night, by a high school friend, that there is a verse in the bible that tells us to write His words on the door frames and walls of our hearts. No wonder I felt "God's nudging" to do these. 

Deuteronomy 6:7-9 
7“You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.8“You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. 9“You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wires in the ceiling

Wires 

More wires & outlet boxes
 We received our first "housewarming" gift today. Aren't these gorgeous!!! Thank you Jamie & David, my Georgia Family 





As for more volunteer work:

* branches cut down & stacked by the road
* two trees cut down
* stumps dug up and taken
* logs cut up and taken to the road
*lunches, snacks, drinks, & water bottles



Please remember that we still have fundraisers to help offset the cost of the appliances. 

I have had two dear friends that have offered to help me raise the funds for the appliance fund. Corrina and Amy, all I can say is THANK YOU!! If you have questions about why I need to raise these funds let me know, I did go into detail about it in an earlier post. So far to date, I have $276. 




Corrina Langworthy is an Independent Sales Director with Mary Kay, she will be taking orders and 100 % of the profits through this link ( as long as you mention my name), will be going into a fund that will be helping me with the purchase of my appliances. You can call her, email her, or go directly to the website and order- www.marykay.com/clangworthy make sure you mention that it is for my appliance fund, and she will take care of the rest. Corrina has also provided me with a few books that you can order from. 

I wish I still had my before and after photos that Corrina had me take. Before I started using a daily skin care regiment my face was oily and very uneven,I even had area's that showed my age, I wasn't ready for that. I don't feel like I am ready to face the outside world without my morning routine, and I haven't had any problems with the sunburns that I used to get every summer this year either. I love Mary Kay skin care!! 


Amy Neadow Daily, is a good friend of my family, you can visit her Thirty- One website at Amy's 31 Bags. She is willing to give 10% of the profits of orders on products ordered through her website, also she is doing the 100 squares fundraiser. There is 100 squares, selling for $5 each. When the 100 squares are sold, one square will chosen randomly, & the lucky winner will get $200 worth of 31 products. If we are able to fill this board completely up, $300 will be put towards the family appliance fund. 
I LOVE Thirty-One!!

Please let me know what numbers that you would like?

The squares that are gone are 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,20,21,22,24,25,26,28,29,30,31,34,35,40,44,45,46,49,
52,54,59,62,64,65,66,68,69,70,73,75,77,78,79,80,81,88,99,& 100



 Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, orwww.niagarahabitat.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment