Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A week of nothing ? Not!!

I have been asked many times over the past week, what has been happening at the house? My answer has been I don't know. It has been kinda quiet on the home front, but I am sure things are happening that we can't see. I do know that more verses have been written on the beams, and floors of the house. Some of them have been very personal but I feel that all have been from God through those who have written them. 

When Jesse and I went by it today, my heart sank seeing the yellow caution tape........  





Jesse just wanted to run up to the house, but seeing the extra braces up, I wasn't sure what we would find. Sigh of relief when we approached the area......




There is progress even when we don't see the workers. Also have been told that the siding, electric, pluming will be happening soon. I have been informed that there is other things that are happening, but I can't share them on here until they do. I will say that you can't believe everything you read in the newspaper. 
As I mention the newspaper, I was told after the fact, that there was an article in; The Sun, a local North Tonawanda paper- which used to be the Metro,this past weekend. I have added a link if you would like to read it online, or you can stop by Budwey's or the North Tonawanda Public Library and snag your own copy.


I was asked if there was a bible verse that has gotten me through the last few years with regarding this house journey. My answer was Psalms 46:10, given to me by a fellow MOPS mom from Amherst Baptist Church, and then it has been given to me many other times, in different situations. This verse is in every room of the house, even as you approach the house on the outside front of the house. Being STILL is hard,waiting is hard, but this house belongs to God. I pray for everyone that works on the house and the land. I pray that others find a relationship with the Lord. God is the reason this house will be for our family. I have no question that he is the one in charge, I am so thankful for the work he is doing in my life and the lives of my children. 


I do have a few hours of work available for volunteers that is at the site of my house. If you would like to help on this please let me know.  There is a waiver that you need to have signed and submitted to the local office. If you need a copy of the waiver, please let me know. You need to be at least 16 years of age to work on site, and have this waiver signed. 




I have had two dear friends that have offered to help me raise the funds for the appliance fund. Corrina and Amy, all I can say is THANK YOU!! If you have questions about why I need to raise these funds let me know, I did go into detail about it in an earlier post. So far to date, I have $101. 




Corrina Langworthy is an Independent Sales Director with Mary Kay, she will be taking orders and 100 % of the profits through this link ( as long as you mention my name), will be going into a fund that will be helping me with the purchase of my appliances. You can call her, email her, or go directly to the website and order- www.marykay.com/clangworthy make sure you mention that it is for my appliance fund, and she will take care of the rest. Corrina has also provided me with a few books that you can order from. 

I wish I still had my before and after photos that Corrina had me take. Before I started using a daily skin care regiment my face was oily and very uneven,I even had area's that showed my age, I wasn't ready for that. I don't feel like I am ready to face the outside world without my morning routine, and I haven't had any problems with the sunburns that I used to get every summer this year either. I love Mary Kay skin care!! 


Amy Neadow Daily, is a good friend of my family, you can visit her 31 Products website at Amy's 31 Bags. She is willing to give 10% of the profits of orders on products ordered through her website, also she is doing the 100 squares fundraiser. There is 100 squares, selling for $5 each. When the 100 squares are sold, one square will chosen randomly, & the lucky winner will get $200 worth of 31 products. If we are able to fill this board completely up, $300 will be put towards the family appliance fund. 
I LOVE 31 bags!!

Please let me know what numbers that you would like?

The squares that are gone are 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,20,21,22,24,25,26,28,29,30,31,34,40,44,45,46,49,52,54,62,65,66,69,70,73,75,77,78,79,80,81,88,99,& 100


A few weeks ago, we were blessed with tickets to see Phillip Phillips and  O.A.R., these are a few of the photos taken. THANK YOU again to Phillip Phillips and O.A.R. for teaming together to help Habitat for Humanity. 



I have NO idea who I was talking to

Jeremy enjoying himself

Loving this crazy photo ( even a professional photographers cut off heads sometimes)



 Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official habitat for humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment