Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Prayers please





For many of you know that I have been on this house journey for longer than I had thought. This is God's house, not mine, so I will wait. Today, I am asking for prayers. Prayers for the sewer, for the equipment, for the workers, for the job, for the neighbors who will be inconvenienced during the process, and for the cost. Prayers for the painting, for the paint colors that were mixed on Saturday, for the painters, for the poles & brushes, for the ladders, and weather- that it doesn't get too cold to paint. Prayers for the doors and trim works, for the spaces to be all correctly measured, for the crew that is bringing the doors & trim. Prayers for the electric, for the workers, for the proper equipment, for no issues when the connections are made, for the ceiling fans, and fixtures. Prayers for the furnace, for the workers, for the equipment, for the rough duct work that is already in, for the vents and air returns. Prayers for the plumbing, for the plumbers, for the rough plumbing to have been all measured correctly, for the toilets, for the sinks, for the dishwasher drain, for the showers & drains. for clear water to run. Prayers for the cabinets, for the proper measurements that have been taken, that everything fits, that the openings for the sink & dishwasher are in the correct areas, for all the pulls in the right areas, for the guy that is bringing them to have good health and energy for the job. Prayers for the carpeted area, for the correct measurements, for the correct cuts & colors, for the clear weather so the carpet doesn't get wet. Prayers for the tile floor for the tiled area, for the correct colors to be available, for the underlayment to be available, for the tools and screws, for the putty and spacers to be ready, for the health and energy for the tile guy, and for help to be available if/when he needs it. Prayers for Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, for the board members and for all of the volunteers, also for all the homeowners who have come before me. Prayers for the volunteers who offer lunches for the workers, for the food to nourish the bodies, and to fill each person. Prayers for the volunteers who will be working on the house over the next several weeks, for their children & families,for the weather that we are facing, and that all this happens in the perfect timing that God knew it would happen. Prayers for my family, for the house that we are living in, for the weather- in the colder weather we are having to be in layers and set the thermostat at 75 just to take the chill off, for the packing, for the prepping,for the van that helps us daily to get us from point A- B, and for each of my children & granddaughter- God knows each details. 


On a side note.... prayers for the stranger that helped me today, his name is Daniel, his son is in Jesse's class, he helped me today when my battery died on my van. He was much faster than AAA. Also for Cheryl for helping with her truck. God knows what Daniel and his son have been through, it just touched me so much that this man, would help me, not knowing who I was. 

~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~




Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 




No comments:

Post a Comment