Saturday, November 1, 2014

Paint party. Sucess!!

Another work day has come to an end. Special thanks to all the crew that came out today; the Fesmire family, Jesse, Jeremy, Andrea, Domonia, Ken, Scott, Tammy, Donna, Alissa, John, Chris, Dave, Claudia, Dan, Milo & the girls, Richard, Bud, Regis, and George. ( oh i hope i didn't miss anyone) Thanks to Lumber City Pizza for the wonderful lunch too!  


Ken & George

Jeremy, Andrea, & Domonia

Dan

The plan as of yesterday was to get the back all primed the rest of the way, & to paint ALL the ceilings. Well, that was almost done before 10 am. It was then that the decision was made to take a ride to Valu, in North Tonawanda, to pick up the paint. When I had first picked a paint color it was with the help of Amy, & Ace Hardware, the color was "swiss coffee", that color is just like I like my coffee, really light. Well, at Valu they were not able to look it up on the computer, so we grabbed the color chart off the wall, and started putting dots of the "swiss coffee" sample on the chart in several areas, the one that matched perfectly is called "lambswool white", for me that was a little reminder that this is God's house, and that I will keep following him. (I called myself a dumb sheep being reminding to follow his shepherd!


Main Bathroom

Master bathroom 

Teachable moments

So many blessings today. The moments of chatting, the shared snacks & lunch, the information exchange, the reassurance that things are on track now, the hugs, and the great friends support.  

UPDATE !!! Just recieved a text... first coat of the paint is completely done in all areas of the house!!!!!!! Yeah! So exciting!!



~~~If you have any questions or would like my information on volunteering for this house, you can contact me directly and I will pass your name on to the main office. I can be reached jmlisanby@gmail.com or 716-939-0837 ( call or text) ~~~




Please remember this is written by me, as our families personal journey. This is not an official Habitat for Humanity blog. Any questions of volunteering for the North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls job sites, please call the office at 716-285-2877. You can also follow the facebook page at Niagara Area Habitat for Humanity, or www.niagarahabitat.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment